Originally Posted by Orbax

Guards would take you to her. They would make you wait while you watched a conversation like what happened. You MIGHT be able to say "no!". The point, like I said quite clearly, was that shouldn't have been a life or death scenario. Regardess of the guard rails you put up to keep it moving forward, the stakes are too high for what you could reasonably expect to influence having literally just walked in the door. If they want to kill the kid for narrative and Kagha building,then do so. If not, give a buffer where people can try to make sense of the scenario before having to pull the trigger.

It's funny because I was just thinking that if I was too far away and was just shown this as an unfortunate cinematic then that's one thing, But my character is too close for this to be unavoidable and I don't mean saving the child per say, but simply intervening.

I also agree that spells such as Guidance and Disguise might be options (sheesh didn't even think of those), but as a Half Elf Ranger, the last thing I thought I needed in a meet and greet with Druids, was to do all that. My mistake maybe.