Originally Posted by Demoulius
[quote]- BG1 and 2 had 6 man parties
- DOS 1 and 2 had 4 man parties
- BG3 have 4 man parties
- so this point makes feel BG3 closer to DOS than BG.
This is not a COMPLAIN, this is a FACT.
This not an OPINION, This is a analysis.
You denying it, just show how stubborn you are.

The second you bring 'feels like' into the equation it does infact not make it fac but an opiniont. People experiences things differently. And feelings just as opinions are very personal. People can agree or disagree with opinions but dont say that something is fact when it is not.

Ho gosh....
Sry for my poor english as non-native one.

I rephrase it more correctly for you to understand (even if I'm pretty sure you don't really want to understand a point of view which is different from yours...)

- BG1 and 2 had 6 man parties
- DOS 1 and 2 had 4 man parties
- BG3 have 4 man parties
- so BG3 is closer in his design to DOS.
that's a fact.
This is not a COMPLAIN, this is not a FEELING, this is a... wait for it... FACT. So don't say something is not a fact when it is.

More, what you say about "feel" is irrelevant.
People can indeed think BG3 feels or doesn't feel like DOS2. But no one can say "4 man parties ? Its totally BG !". And this is why this point participate to explain why BG3 feels like DOS2.

Saying "nah, feeling is personnal" is just a... poor way to denied the influence of game design. If we follow your reasoning it's impossible to make a game who feels like another since "you know it's feelings...".
Absurd. It's like if you said "people find Grave of the fireflies sad but it's not because of the work of his creator, it's just a feeling coming from nowhere". It's absurd.
A feeling didn't just pop-up out of nowhere in the minds of the people.
A feeling is induced by the design, the work the creators put in their creation.

So, definitely putting "4 man parties" in BG3 participate to the feeling of DoS cause it's a clear indicator, a clear difference, undisputable.
Saying otherwise is hypocrisy.

So again, the "4 man-parties" is a difference which participate to make BG3 feels like DoS.

[quote]Just saying that it FEELS like DOS 3 rather then BG3 is something the developers cant do anything with. They cant bottle the baldurs gate 'feel'. Nor would increasing the party size to 6 man make it a bg game.

Who said that ? Who said "increasing the size to 6 will make it bg" ? Really, who ?
There is just a guy who listed all the difference who participate to make BG3 feels like DoS.
And you summarize his work by a "one difference won't make difference". Yeah obviously. This is why there is more than 50 differences.
It's like saying "one brush stroke wont make a flower". yeah, obivously... This is why painter put more than just "one brush stroke".

I really try to deal with your stubborness but...
[quote]Just saying that it FEELS like DOS 3 rather then BG3 is something the developers cant do anything with.

You're saying, the guys can't do a thing about.... their game design ?
Wow.
It's an amazing argument. Larian are lucky to have you to defend them. I mean you litteraly said the guys can't... design.
I accept defeat.

warlord999
it's just a list of the differences.
Why being so aggressive ? This is not even a complaint. This is just a list of difference.
It's pretty crazy to see how some people came to defend and fight where there is nothing to defend or fight.
A guy did a list. You get crazy.
Did he say "lock picking progress bar is a pain in the ass, they have to remove it, I complain and will complain forever!!!" no, he just states a difference.
So please, calm down.

Last edited by Zefhyr; 29/10/20 11:15 PM.