Originally Posted by Aurgelmir
Originally Posted by wpmaura
This issue alone really makes me question whether they ever even played dnd. Dragons are end game encounters not trash mobs

Have you ever played DnD? Dragons Endgame encounters?! Don't make me laugh.
Ancient Dragons are around CR20. Even that isn't endgame content alone. (Well maybe in BG3 if they have a level cap at around 10)
Adult Dragons are around CR15. This is something I'd pit against a party of around level 6-10.
Young Dragons are around CR10, and perfect bosses for parties of level 3-5.
Wyrmlings are around CR5 and not uncommon to encounter at lvl 1 or 2. (Even in official DnD Modules)

So no, Dragons aren't supposed to be a rare thing you only fight at the end of the game. The game is called Dungeons and DRAGONS, you are meant to encounter dragons.

Considering that level 10 was supposed to be the level cap of this game (and just recently they said it will probably go above that, but we don't know to what extent) I'd say that you just made his argument for him.
Facing adult red dragons is *exactly* supposed to be "end game" stuff.

Anyway, arguing about the specific level tier ideal for a single encounter is a bit beyond the point of this thread, so not sure why are we even moving in that direction now.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN