Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Randal

Oh yes, Dragon Age. I am pretty sure they introduced that weapon-on-the-back style out of necessary (easier to program). Now people build questionable scabbards to justify it. laugh Amazing. They do have my respect though, it requires persistence and creativity.

I don't recall where I first saw it; I thought it was Oblivion but mine was so heavily modded it's anyone's guess. It soon had actual scabbards, anyway.

My biggest gripe tends to be impractical sword designs that would be incredibly fragile and tend to have loads of pointy bat-wings and dragon-claws that would probably cause more injury to the person wielding it. That and the perplexing belief that swords weight "literally 40 pounds". No, they don't: that's not only completely unusable but physically impossible.

I have a simple challenge for people like that...pick up a standard fire axe (which looks puny, compared to these monstrosities in certain games) and swing it around for 15 minutes. After that, let's talk again. laugh

At some point games started portraying swords that are, by the looks of them, heavier than the person wielding them. This unfortunately pushed the "normal" looking weapon also to the heavier/bigger side.

I am glad that BG3 sticks to a more sensible depiction.