Originally Posted by Eugerome
1) I don't see that there is a problem with inconsistent representation, because I don't agree idea that once a monster stat block is defined once it cannot be changed.
2) They do feel "gamey", but they serve a purpose to indicate the threat the enemy poses. Particularly to people who never played DnD 5e and don't want to read the Monster Manual to figure out if they should start a fight with a group of monsters.

1) Oh well, then we have literally nothing to agree on, because I will die on this hill and I will always despise a master/game designer breaking this internal consistency.
2) I simply can't accept excuses like "they serve the purpose" or "they are a necessary evil" or whatever bullshit variation on the theme, because they all simply ignore the fact that we have more than 30 years of computer adaptations for D&D that never made this a necessity.

If we were taking a stab in the dark, wondering what could work and what not... But we are not. We have countless examples of games that did not mark levels on their creatures and they were all better for it.

Last edited by Tuco; 30/10/20 11:30 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN