Originally Posted by Vamathi
Originally Posted by pinklily
I agree that there isn't enough time to get to know him during Act I. Honestly, and I know this is highly unlikely, it would be nice if they restructured the overall romance progression in Act I. Probably the most common complaint I see is that romances go from 0 to 60 at that party. It would be nice if there was more relationship development across the board.

I got chewed out on reddit by a rabid Minsc fan who wanted to bone him. I hadn't even said he shouldn't be an option--just that I was disappointed by it. So they're out there! and I wouldn't want to deny them that happiness. Even though I think it's a strange direction to take him.

Some people can't even trigger certain scenes at the moment... there is a lot of work in progress there with romance, even though actual encounters might stay the same?

Almost everyone will get hot and heavy after the grove/goblin battle, but for some people - especially on full release this could be completely skipped - as you could always just find Moonrise on your own.

I would love to see more dialogue options with most origin characters even in Act 1, if you reach High approval, regardless of your quest progression.
I want to see options with variations of compliments/showing interest towards the characters.

Totally agreed, there's a lot of kinks that need to be worked out. I have never been able to trigger the required scenes for Gail or Wyll to progress their romances, despite having very high approval and bringing them along everywhere. And I've played through 3 times!

I would love for their to be more dialogue options/chances to interact. When I played DA:O for the first time my mind was blown by how immersive the conversations were. The sheer amount of flirting you could do with Alistair, for example, was incredible. Few games have lived up to that--even other Bioware games that came after. It would be nice if, with increased approval, additional dialogue options came available where you get to learn more about the characters.

Tbh, I wish they would re-evaluate the party segment. I feel like it works decently as a starting point, but that starting point should look different depending on the character. Currently only Shadowheart's is different. I get Astarion and Lae'zel wanting to get down at that point but for the others it seems like there should be more of something there first. If it's presented as the first chance to trigger a romance, Halsin could feasibly be included--you could choose to have a drink with him and do some light flirting. Nothing more would really be needed than that and it would be a great way to show the possibility of a blossoming romance.