Originally Posted by Nicottia
Well, I personally don't particularly care for Halsin romance honestly, I wouldn't mind it, given that Minthara is romancable on the other side of the spectrum, so it would only be fair to have one of the 'good guys' leaders romancable too.

I wouldn't mind for either Minthara or Halsin becoming a party member either, again, if you get one, you should get the other, but then again, I don't see many ways Larian could write that in. I'm sure there are some ways to do it right, so it would make sense though. If Halsin was a possible party member, I know I would ditch Shadowheart in his favor, since druids are decent at healing. And 9 dex Shadowheart just sucks if you ask me. I wonder who was the genius at Larian who thought to themselves - ''yo guys, you know what? let's design a priestess of Shar, make her a trickery domain and give her 9 dex for laughs!'' just the same way some genius at Bioware dualed Anomen into a cleric with 12 wis, meanwhile Gorion's ward needs 17 wis to dual into a cleric if I remember correctly.

I'll bet that Shadowheart will also have some sort of quest/revelation that will increase her base stats like Anomen's knighthood thing. Nevertheless, I don't really care for Halsin romance much if you guys haven't caught that from my original post in this topic, but if there was a poll with options:
Halsin or Minsc, I would so vote for Halsin. I think my stance on Minsc romance is quite clear. wink

Anyhow, from our current companions I, uh, maybe have a minor obsession with Astarion. I'm quite surprised at myself really. I still want the new 'unleash the animal' line gone. Well, my obsession with vampires goes quite deep though, ever since Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series, Interview with the Vampire movie, Legacy of Kain video games (I do adore Raziel, Kain is a dick), hell, I don't even mind the Vampire Diaries TV series, I hate Twilight though. Let's say, Astarion could be (and is) a total douche and I would still be drooling. Larian got me with that one, I have to admit that. Well, in my opinion, Astarion's writing is so good he could almost pass for a Bioware NPC, and that's saying something. I still hope that there is some way for a good aligned PC to redeem the vamp boy, be it some literal vampirism reversal magic (err, something like resurrection, I believe high lvl priests can learn some rituals that could do the trick) or him killing Cazador and turning the PC into a vamp and living a happy ever after (yeah, right, I know, not gonna happen, but a girl can dream right?).

Also, guys, with the popularity of Game of Thrones I'm 10000000% certain there will be some nasty plot twists in store for us. Which is why I originally said I think Halsin might die, but who knows? Call me paranoid.

That's fair. I will admit that part of my desire for Halsin to be romanceable is some preemptive salt over Astarion. Thing is, I adore Astarion. I'm hoping for a best case scenario where he turns out to be a similar to Morrigan's romance in DA:O. She also disapproved of helping the needy but a good character could become her best friend (and her first friend--it's really touching) and a male player could have a really meaningful relationship with her, changing her pessimistic view of love. But Larian is obsessed with offering "realistic, mature relationships" which seems to translate to non-monogamous and poly relationships. We know this is the case for Lae'zel and I'm ready for heartbreak when Astarion turns out to be the same. I can't seem to bring myself to be interested in Gale or Wyll. Currently, I'm more interested in Shadowheart than either of those two. But, I want a good relationship with one of the male characters too.

Also, yes, vampires are hot but I'm more of a buffy or Castlevania type person. I think I was too old when Twilight came out but I don't dig the concept. I have a hard on for Dracula. So I 100% agree with you.

But, I still want a Halsin romance. Even if he doesn't become a party member. Cullen was a good romance in DA:I and he wasn't a party member.

GOT standards = everybody dies; everybody sucks D:>