Originally Posted by Topgoon
Originally Posted by Orbax
And all of the companions stories are way more important and compelling than yours lol

100% agreed that this may potentially be the worst part.

While I don't mind the origin character system, the fact that Larian's characters are more special than yours is one of the worst design philosophies in DOS 2. It's even worst when it goes beyond narrative preferences and manifests itself in game mechanics (looking at you Gale, aka Fane of BG3 - I'm only level 1 but also a Chosen of Mystra I'm soooo special I can't even die like a normal person).

They have said that custom characters will be just as good this time around, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Haha "Tav, please meet the legends you will be travelling with. Legends, this is Tav. Tav cuts the brown spots out of potatoes or something. Or did before whatever this was happened. Tav apparently doesn't remember or his own mind erased the memory of his prior life out of self preservation so it wouldn't kill itself from the reality of Tav's life being the left over eraser marks from someone scrubbing a doodle out on the margins of the book of life."

Rest of legends: *a series of unenthusiastic mumbles*

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?