Originally Posted by Nyloth

You haven't played games before like this one, yes? I mean Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, also Divinity 2?

They never do the voice acting of the main character, because it will take too much time and money. This is what happened to Dragon Age. You never play Origins? And after full voice (in DA2) we have only wheel of elections, instead of a full-fledged role-playing game...

Consider that this is not just a large number of default options. But also variants for races. Class. And other stuff like that. The worst thing is that everyone will have the same voice. The intonation will be the same. Dwarf and elf same voice? PLZ! Awful. Good and evil with same intonation? No plz!

It only makes it worse.

Or you need to do a voice for each race, at a minimum. I hope you understand that this is already expensive?

I played Baldur's gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2 Planescape Torment etc. The HUGE difference between those isometric RPGs and this one is the cinematic conversations, those old games were almost half novel.

And stop saying it so expensive when it's really not.

And I'll take Bioware's conversation wheel and sacrifice some voiceoptions over mute protag any day of the week.

also, I REALLY wish Larian would comment on this subject and put this discussion to rest. It almost feels like Larian decided to not do full voiceacting even though they claimed it during an AMA, and hope people will just forget about it.