I just want them to give a more realistic dialogue, something a normal person would ACTUALLY SAY when talking to people in the game's universe.

It's hard to explain this but I wish we are allowed to say things that make sense like...
- "Those goblins will kill you too" when talking to the Druids who say he didn't help because "it's not our job to fight your battles"
- "That hag just killed your brothers" when talking to Mayrina AFTER killing the hag (you can say it before but what's stopping you from saying it afterwards?)
- "Then let me go with you" when talking to the brothers about the hag
- "You're doing the same thing as Wyll, you've got no right to talk Shadowheart" about Shadowheart talking about Wyll and his secrets
- "I found a dying druid caught by the goblins, he needs healing" after saving Findal when you can't heal him for some reason

It's as if you are assumed to be a dumb warrior even you are playing a smart character, an example of this is Gale saying "you're staring at me like a Rashemi in a blackboard, you're no wizard aren't you?" even if you are one and he asks again if you are a healer even if you just told him you are a wizard/warlock.

Considering we are allowed to be given a choice about our character's stats, class and even origin. It feels like we are only allowed to play the dumb character when it comes to dialogue, especially when talking or having arguments with major NPCs.

Look at the game Neverwinter Nights. It's also DnD based and probably has more realistic dialogue than most games nowadays (if you have 14+ Wisdom).

if Delphine from Skyrim is in Neverwinter Nights, you'd be allowed to say to her...
"That dragon you want me to kill helped me fight the World Eater while I'm trying to learn Dragonrend. What are you doing at that time? Sitting in your Sky Haven Temple?"
if you have a 14+ Wisdom.

Good point from someone on reddit (not from me)
"It feels like a worse version of Skyrim, because everyone is as bad as Delphine: you're just assumed to be clueless and all the NPCs love to insult you for daring to interact with them. It's like the game punishes you for being curious. I think they're forgetting that the player's enjoyment of the game should be paramount, not writing us to make us look dumb and their NPCs oh-so-sassy and witty."

Last edited by cn3ps; 07/11/20 11:08 PM.