Obsidian is clearly the best studio for me. I can see some might consider them overrated because they didn't make a truly great game in many years but they DID make KOTOR 2 and FNV

Obsidian is also the most promising because Avowed is coming, shame they had to release POE 2 first to realize that paying homage to the old infinity engine games over and over doesn't pay but better late than never

Bethesda is clearly the most overrated, I didn't truly enjoy any of their games, they are good at building open worlds but they fill them with shit content and story

CDPR is also a bit overrated. I loved Witcher 1 but can't say I'm happy how TW2 a TW3 turned out but I can see how normies could enjoy them.

As for Bioware the less to say about them the better. Last game they made that was actually good was what? KOTOR 1? And even that was later completely overshadowed by KOTOR 2 even though it was released unfinished.

My top 3 RPGs are:
Witcher 1
FNV
KOTOR 2

Larian should take a close look at KOTOR 2 It is based on DND but it is clearly unique. It has turn based combat that looks and feels good (more spells, animations etc. than KOTOR 1) And it managed it without constntly throwing fire under your feet or abusing verticality.

Last edited by eLeF; 05/11/20 07:47 PM.