Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Let's immediately skip the arguments that this is D&D so it has to play like D&D because then we'll never get anywhere. Each of us has a different definition of what D&D is.

Let's assume for a moment that they remove all combat rule changes. Will the game really get better then?
Will the game be balanced?
As for the latter, I can immediately say that it is not.
The very changes in how rest works have crushed the whole balance, enormously strengthening rest classes.
Even if you cut back somehow (unless you set a hard limit, but we all know Larian won't) you will still be able to rest several times more than you normally should.
The system itself is broken from scratch and you can't fix it without making the game annoying.

It's not broken from scratch. I get what you're saying here, and you have a valid point. But the two things you're saying aren't connected after me.

In D&D resource management is a thing in BG3 not necessarily. You either need a hard limit to limit rest or deal with the consequences of a fully rested party. The game doesn't need to become " annoying" from a rest limitation ( if implemented in a smart way - we had a discussion about it in one of the "sleep threads" few days ago).

Let's admit you ignore it and just leave rest as it is ( it would be a shame, but it could work). You just have a game that needs to be ready for all spells you might have at given point in the game(encounters need to be balanced around it when it comes to type and number of enemies).

Now admitting you have it (it's arguably the case in BG3 EA for some encounters) your D&D mechanics ( like AC ) will balance the fight in the intended way.

While rest makes certain classes shine brighter than they should on long -term, on short - term they can still be on a similar power level.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.