I can't even reach consensus with myself when it comes to politics. Seems a big problem is that 1) no matter how allegedly "moderate" or "centrist", every political discourse takes an extreme viewpoint about any given issue; 2) the extremes are usually opposite because "we can't be seen to agree with them", so the further the better; and 3) because the True Believers will take their entire political canon as one pure, indivisible gospel no matter how unpalatable some of its particular viewpoints.

At the moment I'm being a mixture of amused and dismayed that The Leader Of The Free Worldâ„¢, Bringer of Democracy and Libertyâ„¢ is still counting its votes days later, has an incumbent who looks set to refuse to leave office if he loses amidst a flurry of vexatious and frivolous lawsuits and all for two parties that are two cheeks of the same arse. Which isn't an especially anti-American point of view, btw, I mean I just need to look at my own country and grimace. It's light relief to watch someone else making a right arse of it instead.

J'aime le fromage.