Originally Posted by Svalr
Originally Posted by VincentNZ
I do rather think that she is only marginally aware of her own culture and how they deal with tadpoles. She is not told anything, I believe. Or, since they make a total fuss to rescue her in the intro, she is very important and does not want to tell and/or that someone in the Gith society wants her dead. I still suspect she is some form of princess, messias incarnate, heiress, the breaker of chains and dragon necks etc., because there must not be normal, frontline grunt companions.

Maybe she was a handmaid of the Githyanki Queen?
I don't mean handmaid in the sense of just a servant, but sorta like the Sisters of Avelorn in Warhammer.

Pretty sure she's just a normal gith who has an over-inflated sense of importance and is brainwashed to worship her queen.
Her whole goal is to "bring back a mindflayer head to her Queen (something that all githyanki have to do in order to become accepted) and become a gith knight." At least in my conversations with her, she never mentioned royalty...??

I also don't think they're trying to rescue her in the intro. They're just trying to kill the mindflayers on that ship, as gith are wont to do.

If I missed some dialogue implying otherwise, please let me know!