Originally Posted by Ellenhard

Originally Posted by nation

"To put it in D&D terms, we’re your dungeon master and this is our campaign that we’re running, so there will be our own flavour and house rules."

personally, reading this interview and the quote attributed to Swen above doesnt really inspire me with much motivation to post further feedback thinking that its being considered regardless of value or feasibility at this stage of ea, but i would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

the quote below that was also cited from Swen does give me hope for the game during development and at full launch, but in particular I think it would go a long way if during their next significant update larian reiterated what exactly they intend ea to be in terms of the games development (ex general balance tweaking and class/mechanic implementation or some more 'significant' topics cited in the forums like party lock and size, combat balance, camera/party controls, act/narrative progression, overall custom character experience/immersion, inventory clutter/management, dice roll tweaks/ui, improved/interactive character sheet, camp location and rest mechanics, etc.) as i think that would help to curb or reinvigorate the communitys expectations for full launch and during the games lifetime. i may be in the minority, but i would actually prefer that the studio consider more of the topics cited in these community spaces even if it delayed the game's launch date as i think it would better serve both the success of the game and the community's enjoyment for it.

I understand and mostly share that feeling. That's why I'd like transparency, even if it's painful: if Larian goes a "polite tyrant" - it's ok, I just want to know to make up my mind. If "actively changing stuff to the majority of voices" - understandable too. If something in-between - would be nice to know _what exactly is being changed_, when they would make up their mind (if it isn't made up already, as one would hope). Buyer really should know what he is buying; an ally or fellow player - which homebrew rules his DM (Larian) is using, _before_ he invests his time and other resources.

You will know ...

In one year :p

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt