I think it's easy right now as well. I didn't think too much of how many items or magic I use, I just noticed that I tend to kill everything quite easily, and most of the hardships I had came from limitations I placed on myself ( good example would be win the helm's deep battle but keep Zavlor alive to celebrate with us). There are exactly two hard battles in the game- the spider queen and the minotaurs. The spider queen was only really impossible if I was undrleveled and the minotaurs have specific strategies you need in order to win. Other than that you have the gith patrol that is very hard but doable.

I think it's important when I say it's easy because usually when I play crpgs I play on easy or normal and even then I find most of them to be very hard.

And I never use any cheese or barrelmancy or stuff like that.

Some things I also never do in my playthroughs - I never fight the devil on the ship or the red dragon.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."