Originally Posted by Zarna

Originally Posted by Tuv
Whould "has been living above ground for a while" and "hasn't ever seen the sun" be something that drow players be interested in? Just how different would your gameplay look like coming from either city?

Surface or Underdark would have different reactions to a lot of things. There are already a lot of dialogue options for Lolth Sworn, haven't played the other but I would expect them to have similar options to any surfacer.

I played through the EA with 2 different seldarine drow, and they do have different dialogue options to Lolth-sworn, mostly little bit generic dialogue that 'you see red eyes, you run' and other little ways of diffusing tension and such situations, but that's about it. Oh and you also have a unique dialogue (just like the Lolth sworn) with those 2 spiders in gobbo camp, but it's obviously quite different.

But I agree with the overall notion to make custom characters a little bit less generic. I don't mind being a blank slate, but not to this extent. I like the mind probing idea, but do we really need to be mind probed? We start off with a goddamn tadpole in our head, right in the beginning of character creation an ominous voice (the tadpole ofc) already asks us: who are you?

What would be nice is, after pressing the venture forth button, we'd get some sort of short movie/slideshow actually stating who we are, what we did etc (something similar to the 'genesis' DLC that Mass Effect series had). Tie our backgrounds somehow into that, our race, our class, make some choices unavailable to other races/classes/backgrounds. If you choose to play as an origin, you'd also have this small slideshow, but you would obviously unable to pick anything, you'd just be shown what Astarion or Gale did before getting snatched away. That way, people who wanna skip it, can just ram spacebar like they do now and people who actually care about a little bit of story of our customs - can actually have small character defining choices if they wish to.

Last edited by Nicottia; 10/11/20 01:05 PM.