Originally Posted by Human
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Sven before : I'd love doing BG3 because I love the Baldur's Gate video games and D&D is awesome.

Sven today : D&D is not so fun, we have to custom everything^^

I did not get this from this interview(maybe I missed the sentence where Swen talked about hating D&D?)
what he was talking about is how non-D&D players feel about RNG and how they will try to provide a mode(optional) for them
and if you do not like it, you can go full RNG just like the way it is right now

This was a joke, but it looks like everything they changed is because of D&D. D20 sucks, D&D has not enough things to do when you play with low level characters (there is still many spells or "actions" they could implement from D&D).

I really think they even don't try to implement D&D's rules. What about the cover mechanic that also add more tactical depths to combats ?

It looks like he could have said something like : D&D is not that fun, that's why we completely altered the mechanics. They added tons of things to improve the fact that they didn't implement enough D&D in BG3.

What about ready or dodge ? What about shove to prone ?
There's not a lot of fireworks when you use such actions but they are definitely tactical options.

That's a strange way of doing a D&D game according to me... So reading 2 times in the interview "this is because of D&D" looks a little bit unreal.

But whatever, they do what they want with their game.
I'm way less a fan of D&D than a I'm a fan of BG... So I guess my only concern should be the "RTWP" (if I trust what I read).

Last edited by Maximuuus; 10/11/20 07:19 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus