Originally Posted by Fikoley
I prefer origin companions instead of custom created by myself.

What's the appeal, if you don't mind my asking? I can see wanting to play a developed character like Geralt in the Witcher series, but even then the story focuses on the POV of one character whereas the Origin system has many.

Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by pinklily
Originally Posted by Zarna
I would probably try out a couple if I was bored, but I prefer coming up with my own character and having the companions with their own stories.

I used the mod to check out a bit of Astarion's origin because I wanted more insight into the character. But I got bored quickly not playing my custom character and abandoned the playthrough.

Same here. I wanted to find out what in SH's box but quickly got bored. What annoyed me were the things Shadowheart was saying to herself when she hit a ground trigger. It was playing someone else's character and just wasn't invested in her -- wait, I didn't want her to say that . . . I became a viewer instead of a participant.

Yeah, maybe it's just because it isn't fully implemented yet but I feel like it's stuck somewhere between removing player agency yet giving too much freedom over an "established" character. Idk, I feel like I'd rather get to know the origins as companions than as PCs.