They've made a few claims on people's predilections that are bothersome. "People are doing it, therefore that is what they want.". Something to consider: This is EA, people are testing all possible options as they look for bugs, narrative inconsistencies, and see how many people have sex scenes. After having done a playthrough on each companion romance, I don't do it anymore because I don't care and it isn't interesting. From what I have seen from people doing Data Mining and the many other mods, bug finders, game breakers, and host of other activities that are purely QA testing mechanics I think its an alarming mentality to have to have. Its why their continual referencing of their in-game analytics engine is a joke. I do business intelligence for a living, data is useless - information is important and the number of times you can lift stories out of numbers without some kind of narrative framework in place is low and people who do so often fail.

Ex: Web developers looking at website sales. "Hey, people always go to our Mission & Charity page before going to check out. This whole charity thing is a huge hit, lets beef that page up and start marketing around it!"

Real reason: Their cart checkout button is broken and the only link to the cart that works is from the Mission & Charity page and their users have figured that out.

From what I can tell, they are recklessly using their data.

Last edited by Orbax; 11/11/20 03:44 PM.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?