Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
My characters at level 4 struggle horribly against enemies that should be easy and quick to deal with (like goblin cannon fodder). And, no it's not the build, or lack of armor etc. The Matriarch Phase Spider is insanely difficult. I've never had an RPG register so many misses when attacking with anything other than Magic Missile. And even then, the damage registered is Pitiful (2, 3, and 4 hits) for a total of a Measly 9 hit points on a spider with 130 HP!

I suppose what I am asking for is: an easier difficulty level. Because right now, playing this game is infuriatingly frustrating for me. I like these games for their story.

Thanks so much!

It's elevation. Make sure you're above your enemies, it is as powerful as having permanent greater invisibility on your entire party, I'm not sure why Larian did this, because once you make sure elevation is your primary concern, every fight is pretty easy. If you're in melee, walk around and backstab the opponent

the spider queen is still appropriate for a deadly encounter for a 5th level party, not a 4th level party (theres a HUGE spike in power at 5th level so this is important), but you can cheese it by knocking it off ledges for 40+ damage

Last edited by override367; 12/11/20 09:39 PM.