Originally Posted by Surface R

Shouldn't the very fact that they have a heat map give you a hint as to what they're thinking and their capabilities? Or the fact that they know what the romance rates are or how many times people have pet a damn thing?

Oy, the capabilities. How fancy. The heat maps! They sure tell you almost absolutely nothing because of the very fact players dont have any other options but to go where the content is and engage in as much of it as it is available.
Romance rates? How can any of that data reveal if those rates are happening because players actually really like those romances - or simply because its just content that can be clicked on and it makes little sense to avoid it. Especially early on when nobody knows where such content may lead. Or not. How much of it is actual enjoyment and how much is just early curiosity or fear about missing something?

You need data mining to tell you a lot of people will pet the damn dog? Or try to have sex with every companion they can? Really?

I can tell you the same for much less money - any time you ask. What a big reveal. Astounding data mining technologies and capabilities.

Yeah, it's not a replacement. Forum feedback and in game data analysis provide answers to two different questions basically. Forum provide more "brainstorm" answers but they can be incorporated in the whole process quite efficiently if done well.

I would love steam to provide public info about the playerbase of all games for devs, but I'm afraid that's not gonna happen. For it to be relevant it would require access to playerbase count per game and that's sensitive info for each company.

Last edited by virion; 14/11/20 05:42 AM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.