Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by A Clown
Hot damn I'm really considering killing this asshole or sending him back to Cazador,

I'm kinda bummed that he was "evil" from the start, really thought he had potential, but from the way you described that article it seems that he was never a good egg.

Don't worry, you can trust him. He says so. Right before he kills you (maybe).

To be clear, I still enjoy the character and my PCs drag him around everywhere, but unless something changes he's probably getting dumped on full release.

Originally Posted by JesusDied
Originally Posted by A Clown
Hot damn I'm really considering killing this asshole or sending him back to Cazador,

I'm kinda bummed that he was "evil" from the start, really thought he had potential, but from the way you described that article it seems that he was never a good egg.

As I previously said, I'm not sure if Larian is still going for this backstory when it comes to Astarion, but this seems to have been the case for demo version back in Februray. Here is the full quote in regards to that:
" In this case, we were shown Astarion, who seemed like a real asshole. A disgraced nobleman who used his position as a local magistrate to serve a vampire clan by feeding them prisoners, he was eventually too corrupt even for them and was effectively sent to serve as the personal slave of a powerful vampire. Astarion has the affected sophistication of a true decadent, like one of Richard E. Grant's less likable characters."

And you can read the rest of that article here.

So, if this backstory is still valid and unchanged, then in all honesty I can't say that I feel bad for what has happened to Astarion. If anything, what happened to him is very ironic.

Interesting aritcle thank you!!!

I do enjoy dragging him around, and like the snarky comments he makes, I even kind of adored his little romance sequence, I just felt like he had a little soft boy side!

So I'm really hoping that he doesnt have that slaver background, I enjoy a corrupt route (especially for my own characters) but that's just way too evil man!

So yeah like you said, if there is no change I'd enjoy sending him back

Last edited by A Clown; 14/11/20 09:40 PM.