Originally Posted by Vamathi
Originally Posted by A Clown
Welp guess I'll have to obsess over a new companion, I really hope they dont build up his entire arc and romance only to have him stab you in the back, I understand it's for all the evil playthroughs etc. But itll still be kinda disappointing

Do be fair I can see Astarion, if he doesn't get corrupted by Absolute and power hunt wanting an out of being a vampire completely. The main reason, that I see is his clear enjoyment from the sun.
I can imagine he should be partly concious, that being a vampire seems like and evil mindset loop.
I could see how a player could convince him to give it up, if it becomes an option (kinda unlikely, but with the involvement of gods in the plot...).
Also, they kinda said, that you have a chance to build relationship with any of the characters.
I believe that there must a be a way that Astarion just stays with you, otherwise why even make him Origin character and playable by players?

My thoughts exactly, I'm really hoping he ends up being a little asshole instead of a massive asshole!

Originally Posted by JesusDied
Originally Posted by Vamathi
Anyways, you might not have seen this, but the Gur will actually say a different name, when you question him with speak with the dead and disguise - youtube vid for reference.
Maiden Fel

So I am not entirely sure if Cazador is still in fact behind this,...

Can't say I saw this before (interesting), although I was talking about Gur incident that took place right before he became a vampire. That one was clearly a setup that was most likely done by Cazador since his timing was too convenient.
it doesn't explain the 'poem' on his back.

I saw some claim that a tiefling mc will comment on it and claim that is of fiendish origin. I don't know in which instances does this trigger though. I had him naked and my tiefling mc didn't say a damn thing about the thing on his back. I assume it happens if you romance him? Can't confirm since I didn't romance him, or anyone in general in either of my playthroughs.
Either way, it is clear that his "poem" has something to do with the devil rather than just mere vampires.

Originally Posted by A Clown
Welp guess I'll have to obsess over a new companion, I really hope they dont build up his entire arc and romance only to have him stab you in the back, I understand it's for all the evil playthroughs etc. But itll still be kinda disappointing

I saw some datamined sound files in which he is talking as...selfless guy? Like, he was telling you that you should help people no matter what. Which was a very un-Astarion thing to say. If this is anything to go by, then it seems that perhaps we will be able to affect our companions' alignments with our actions.

That is very unlike astarion he hates it when you help people! I wonder what that means!

I guess we will just have to wait for the game to be released to get all the answers!

But it's so hard to be patient its such a fun game already!