Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I guess the fast travel VS no fast travel discussion is totally irrelevant. Fast travel is necessary with such maps.

On the other hand, from what I read it looks like many people don't like the runes and for more than justified reasons.
Giving us the feeling we're walking instead of using WTF runes that doesn't exists in the Forgotten Realms is easy and there are more than one solution.

About the "rest" system, it's definitely a problem at the moment but it probably require way more attention than what this topic is about.

Originally Posted by Verte
there may be a reason why those runes exist.

A reason why we're the only one able to travel through those runes ?
Let me attempt something : the tadpole ? grin

But the runes do exist in Forgotten Realms. The only problem here that normally they require you to cast a certain spell. And once upon a time in NWN this exact problem was simply solved by granting the player homebrewed teleportation stone and some another homebrew artifact in SotU. Larian here could apply same exact solution through some small quest or giving us the artifact on naughtoloid.

Sorry it wasn't probably the right words.
It's not "common" in the Forgotten Realm is probably better.

Originally Posted by Verte
Our tadpole is magically tampered, who knows. Exchange runes for anything, it will work the same, move players from spot A to spot B. I have played the games where I had to backtrack like mad and it was far from having fun time.

Yea it work the same, but it could become a travel instead of a TP. The mechanics are the same, so is the result... But the feeling is not.
This is very different if you care about the reality of the world in which the game take place.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus