Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
I think the issue is a very small one of a courtesy. Nobody expects "yeah we are just going to fix all the forum shit overnight" while they are in active development. If ONE official acknowledgement of the existence of a very large number of player concerns is too much to ask in a month of playtesting, why did they bother with EA?

People will get pissed off leaving feedback if Larian don't acknowledge they are reading it. Even if the response is "we don't give a shit we have your money" at least gives the player some perspective. "We are busy doing other shit please be patient", "We took a months vacation because be broke sales records", "We all come down with HEP C after going on a crystal meth binge and freebasing crack". Whatever, any response is better than silence.

This. I'd legitimately be more content with a flat out "Fuck you, thanks for the cash" or some bullshit diplomatic corporate response about appreciating our patience than I am with the current dead air.
This isn't my first EA rodeo for a game, but it certainly is the first one where the content was quite this broken, quite this poorly-optimized, and there was quite this much silence about all of the feedback.
This would be far easier to deal with if I hadn't been a fan of the company for so long because this isn't just blind troll rage, this is legitimate frustration with people that I've loved for decades.
I don't want to see Larian go the way of the other big name RPG companies that are now soulless husks pandering to their fanbase by doing the bare minimum. They're supposed to be better than this.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.