Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
I can see the appeal, but on the other hand its more clicks - casting hex is already annoying, especially since penalty to a particular ability roll in combat is near irrelevant as far as I know. personally, 2 buttons on quickbar, 1 for spell at default level, 1 for selecting a cast at a higher level would be nice. Combine that with quickbar buttons to open spellbook at a particular level would be nice too imo - then quickbar spells could be slimmed down to the frequent cast/always buff ones + spellbook opening ones.

Its not as irelevant as it may seem ...
Since i started to use Hex:Charisma ... i usualy roll on attack 13-17 + modifiers ... until then, it was more like 5-15 ... anyway it still seem buged, since when you roll 1, you simply crittical miss no matter the advantage ...
I kinda doubt that i was so unlucky to roll snake eyes. laugh

But to adress the topic ...
First of all, since Hex was allready mentioned ... i would really love to have option to choose specific hex added to my hotbar ... yes i know that means have 6 slots taken by one spell ... but i gues that is mine problem. laugh

I completely agree, there are allready mentioned on this forum few options to make this better (in mine opinion) than another, and another popup menus ...
Let me quote one very smart RagnarokCzD. (:D)
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I would like to add 3 additional, and in mine opinion better, solutions, that i readed here around ...

1) Interactive spellslots ...
That way you will get on hotbar each spell only once ... and you will determine its spell level by choosing spell slots you want to use.
Meaning you click on spell level II., and all your spells you cast since that moment will be level II. (if they have level II. ofc) until you click on different spell level.
Personaly i think this system could be improved with enabling right-click on spells to change spell level for single cast ...
For example Mage Armor ... there is no reason to spend level II. spell slot, since level I. spell does exactly the same.

2) Expandable hotbar ...
Right now we have 2 rows and they are geting full allready. If we could expand hotbar to another row instead of searching in it ... our hotbar space could be instantly doubled, tripled, or quadrupled ...
Not as elegant solution, but it certainly works.

3) Enable casting from spellbook.
That way you in fact gets button that will contain all your spells, and it is allready possible to modify Keybind to your liking.
My favourite one, to be honest ... maybe it would be more usable, if there will be some possibility to open spellbook of only selected party member, simmilar to when you open character specific inventory. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/11/20 06:45 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown