Honestly the rolling in this feels incredibly bad.. Two to three rolls to get a result is not fun, and failed attempts lead to losing story and death.. Not fun gaming experience at all and feel like you are playing with a hateful spiteful DM..
Honestly i love tabletop D&D but this game does such a poor job of it, i'm surprised anyone would buy 5th edition after playing BG3.. I can't wait until they overhaul the dice in this, its not fun and just slows the game down, while forcing save scumming, sucks that we can't have a good D&D experience like old 2nd edition was.

Originally Posted by RumRunner151
For people with no D&D background, the way they implemented it makes more sense. There is a number and I roll a D20 to beat it. The problem is us DnD people think it's backasswards. Then if you look in the log it is even more confusing and hard to verify if it was done correctly. IMO Keep it as is but make sure all checks/rolls/etc are in the log and much more clear. We DnD people should build a bridge and get over it to make it more accessible to a wider audience.

It is ass backwards, its very poor and its not D&D at all.. it gives no checks or save numbers, hides everything off screen behind a tiny log thats off by default.. and everything calculated is all back to front, thats not newb friendly thats completely non friendly.. Also when i mouse over my dice i get no popup??

Originally Posted by Sylvius the Mad
As much as I miss THAC0 (seriously, THAC0 was a great system), this feels really backward.

I do like that they explain it in a tooltip, though. I'll probably get used to it.

Totally agree THACO made way more sense.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 16/11/20 03:30 AM.