Just what type of PC you have OP? Mine is SLIGHTLY above recommended requirements and I can run the game on ultra with minimal problems. The game will crash once in a while and that is all.

Now my PC has: Intel i7 6700K (I didn't bother overclocking this, so it's sitting at it's default 4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 980Ti and obviously I have an SSD. Technically speaking, my processor is better than what they recommend (Intel i7 4770k), but my graphic card is on about the same level as the recommended one (Nvidia GTX 1060 - my husband actually has that one, but my 980Ti and his both have 6GB Vram, but I am pretty sure 1060 is capable of a few more things than my 980Ti), RAM is at the recommended. And no, I'm not flexing or anything, I am genuinelly curious dahell is in your PC and how old is it, I bought my PC 4,5 years ago, back then, it was more or less a beast, nowadays? Meh, it's doing fine.

Probably by the time BG3 is fully released I might have an entirely new rig. Depends on how long it takes to release and how badly Cyberpunk 2077 is going to fry my PC's insides.

As to your general complaint, I can see where you are coming from, but err, I don't want to beat a dead horse by saying... it's an EA. Obviously the game is not fully optimized, ridden with bugs and generally unfinished (we kinda signed up on that one the moment we purchased the game)... and the only thing that bothers me, personally, about Larian's communication is that they do communicate, but they do it via twitter... and I hate that cesspool of a website, I legit use it only like once or twice a week and even then, I consider it too much. I know, not very millennial of me. So no, you are kinda wrong, they do communicate, but Larian just assumes that majority of people sit on TWATTOR daily.