Originally Posted by Zarna
Originally Posted by ZafferinVallis

It's still more than I have seen in any D&D game unless you have a sadistic DM that like party wiping you and making everyone roll new characters. Just saying they are still making it feel a lot like an original sin you have to watch everywhere you walk because of surface effects that should not be in the middle of nowhere guarding nothing but just for the sake of having it there.

In unfamiliar or hostile territory, you should always be careful where you are walking. Not paying attention gets your party wiped, the DM is not there to hold your hand. I do think the surface effects and the causes of them should be modified a bit, there have been many suggestions on how to do this.

Sorry forgot to add they need to tone the fround effects back by quite a bit being careful is one thing but being party wiped because even if you pay attention suddenly your taking damage from who knows what. I digress they need to be dialed back is the point I wanted to make but failed in my first post. Sorry I got off on a little tangen there.