Of course it's a matter of patience. That goes without saying, when the description of the EA states the full game is still a year off--at least. At this rate--18 months, I'd say.

I think that EA purchasers also know that they have paid for "the full game," otherwise no one would have bought the EA if they had to turn around and pay $60 again
for the finished product grin.

Neither of those salient points is the point, imo. I think it would be good for Larian to set up a regular goal for patches--say, once a week. First it would mean patches that fix a minimum number of things, instead of a monolithic laundry list of patch items that stretches to infinity and therefore takes weeks if not months to complete. IE, better a small patch that fixes a few things correctly, served up on a weekly basis, rather than giant patches designed to fix two or three dozen things--and then breaking a dozen other things in the process--and taking three weeks to a month to offer!

It's just setting smaller goals but sticking to them, imo. If EA purchasers could see a small patch once a week, or even a somewhat larger patch every two weeks--on a regular basis--it would at least provide Larian's customers with a semblance of progress towards the final goal of the complete game. This makes perfect sense to me--don't know why it wouldn't for anyone.

As it is, daily I fire up Galaxy, hoping for a patch I never see. With no idea when the next one will fall. Of course, someone is going to tell me how ridiculous I am with these suggestions. Really, though, I'm not shooting for ridiculous, and I'm not complaining all that stringently--like I say, I see this game, done right, as the Game of the Decade very possibly! I'm just suggesting something that probably might serve to carve a bit of order out of the chaos, is it were... laugh

Do I expect it will matter? Good gosh, no...! But I am ever the optimist.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)