I really wanna build my Half-Elf Wild Mage i never get to play since 3,5 edition so here he goes:

He is called Fifin, a Chaotic Neutral urchin from Baldur's Gate (I think that fit well with the custom hero background story as a Balduran, who knows the city and familiar with the famous citizens and local rumours).

His Backstory (very simplistic, sorry for that):

Born in the slums of the great city of Baldur’s Gate, Fifin had a rather interesting childhood. His mom was a tavern wench who had an inkling for elven adventurers and a kind of simple rowdy beauty that the pointy eared bastards found refreshing after a long day of dungeon-dwelling. She died young, some jumping fever that took many in those days, leaving her half-breed bastard to fend for himself. And that is exactly what Fifin did. Stealing, lying, cheating, the boy made a living for himself on the streets of the Lower City. He was a quick lad, both in body and mind, who had a touch of wild magic about him that manifested very early, causing all sorts of miraculous accidents around him. These wild surges of power saved his arse just as often as they put him in peril and earned him a dangerous reputation as a relentless troublemaker.

Then someday, after a long night of drinking, he mixed with the wrong crowd and woke up aboard a mindflayer ship... :PPP