This is a very well written constructive criticism and I should not expect any attacks per se, but you might see some alternative opinions ... that is what the forums are here for! The classic D&D modules and tournament campaigns were usually intended for around 7 - 9 players, with maybe half of them fighter types. To me, the trick is to have a mix of some NPC's under party control, and some that will help you but which are not direct control party members. I hope Larian can build on some of these concepts from prior BG games (Narlen Darkwalk, Gorpel Hind, Drizzt, etc.) Working alongside other characters brings a lot of life into the single-player game.

As far as combat goes, I have not played BG III yet as my computer is just below the minimum spec and I am waiting for an optimized release, but I know enough of the game to see your point about the Mario Brothers style of jumping around as being a little ridiculous sometimes. I don't expect my character to do much jumping, as I'd rather use magic. Firesnakearies has a good thread with an evolving story about a "no kill" approach to the game.

Class homogenization is a good point ... I tried to play Morrowind once, but the class progression system was a big turnoff. The older BG series had a lot of replay value because of the special features offered by each class. I suppose in real life it is possible to be an astronaut/quarterback/surgeon/lawyer/contortionist/safecracker/cowboy/lion-tamer/priest, but for most of us that is not gonna happen.

Last edited by Argyle; 25/11/20 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling correction