Originally Posted by A Clown
I want a companion who doesnt instantly make me want to leave when I enter dialogue.

And someone who is actually chill with the current situation "it is what it is" vibes! I'm darn sick of being the only person who isnt a kill joy.

I also want a goat.

Exactly.. These companions anger me way too much.. I haven't hated companions this much since Dragon Age Inquisition.
Originally Posted by Eldath
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I just don't want any silly comic relief companions. Especially no gnomes.

Halsin would be great.

I agree with this. No gnomes and no bards please. I'm just glad Volo didn't become a party member.
I'm actually pretty happy with the companions we have so far, except for Gale ( he is well written, I just don't like him ).
I would love to avoid having special snowflake companions, especially tieflings.

However what I would really like is a good aligned HUMAN female character who is vulnerable, yet courageous and open, preferably a spellcaster, maybe a sorcerer. Imagine Bethany from DA2, but with magic. I would really love is she didn't have any angst or feel like she has to prove herself.

Another character I'd like is the stern rugged HUMAN paladin dude who is an all around good guy but he is a bit grumpy and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty to meet his objectives and fulfill the deamnds of his mission. Tough love type guy with a huge scruffy beard.

I want them to be human, because I think a human majority in the party enhances the specialness of non-human companions.

That being said the one non-human companion I would love to have is a halfling MALE, because if we had to suffer through all those gnome companions in D&D games I think we finally deserve a properly written halfling. Just don't make him into a goofball, like a barbarian who carries a gigantic weapon on his small frame.

Originally Posted by Abits
We need a dwarf. Why can't we have a dwarf?

Because Cleric, Rogue and Fighter are all taken already. We still have Monk and Paladin open though, so you never know.

I actually want Gnomes, Halflings and Dwarves.. i have no interest in edgy drows and githyanki..

That why the option to make our own companions make sense.. Also gnomes can be serious not comic relief. I'm currently playing a serious Gnome Barbarian modded BG3 right now its great.

Originally Posted by Ixal
Originally Posted by TrollishMcTroll
Someone that's genuinely likeable and easy to get along with would be great. Also some odd races like Tabaxi, Lizardfolk, etc.

Problem with odd races is that Larian can't do the expected romances with sex at the end which sadly seems to have become the standard in RPG the industry.

I don't even want sex with these horrid companions 😂

Last edited by DanteYoda; 25/11/20 04:03 PM.