I would suggest Stadia players try new combinations till the new patch comes out....whenever it does...
I'm trying a Shield Dwarf Wizard running around in half plate, battle axe and plenty of HP at the moment. Its also nice to see how the NPC react to the different races. for example, with a Gith, you can do the talking at the Gith bridge, not that it helped when I tried. Goblins treat Drow much different than the other races. I haven't tried all of the others yet myself.

I get the call of Stadia, but you aren't being realistic by claiming it is the same as a $2k box. You don't need any where near a $2k system to play BG3. My PC is and old system I inherited from my deceased FIL some years back. You can get a significantly better one for $300 these days. I added a $170 NVidia 1650super. BG3 auto-set to "ultra" settings. If the PSU from the retired office computer I am describing isn't up to a 1650 super, it would be up to a 1650 vanilla, that I assume would also default to "ultra" settings. Its not just BG3 either. The 2077 that so many people here love to talk about has a recommended CPU of a i7-4790, that you can get in that $300 ex-office computer as well. another $500 on top of that and you'd blow away recommended setting for 2077, but not the real high end ray tracing without a fair bit more. Does Stadia give you cutting edge ray tracing? Stadia's cost looks to be $10 a month, plus whatever it costs to get that level of connectivity. I'm on cellular internet, so it wouldn't be a good option for me regardless, but lets figure another $20 for the added bandwidth for most. If we figure it is the equivalent of a ~$500 machine, reduce the cost by the ~$100 for the controller, and we have a $400 PC premium. That gets paid for in just over a year by my numbers. Now we get these issues and the possibility for me to mod my games, and play off-line, the PC option looks better and better, especially if we consider it will still have value in a year.