Originally Posted by logic_wrecked
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

Patch 3 (which hasn’t been named yet) is just around the corner, and with it comes the first changes that affect story. Unfortunately, this means Patch 3 will introduce the first save incompatibility, transitioning to the new version.

Fret not, however! Each patch will come alongside a secondary branch which will allow you to continue playing the previous version with your existing savegames, until you decide you’re ready to play on the latest version.

Note: Branching unfortunately won’t be available on Stadia for the moment.

First, I should say that I am playing on Stadia.

So it has now been 7 days and I still cannot play the game as I know my saves will become incompatible.

If I knew that 'round the corner' meant in the distant future I could have finished my current game.

So your mileage may vary, but for me this is very bad communication.

+1 , fellow stadian here.
Kinda revolting to think that it only takes x-seconds for someone at Larian to simply tweet 'sorry for those peeps having their hopes up but patch will/wont release today/thisweek/whatever'. I know it's probably not their intention but I am growing incredibly annoyed by their inability to inform us instead of this unbearable trolling and teasing over and over. I mean how hard can it be to just write something along the lines of 'oops taking more time than initially planned' 'found issues in patch' 'doing final testing on patch' 'waiting for x before patch'. I get they don't want to pin dates and all that but a rough estimation would be nice, for all I know 'around the corner' could mean Xmass or newyear.... What a shitshow...

"Anarchist Evening at the Magic Theatre, For Madmen Only, Price of Admission Your Mind"