Originally Posted by Grantig
That's a basic problem of all RPGs which give you some sort of very urgent task for the main quest.
Normally people would directly go to solve the problem, as it IS urgent, but modern RPGs go much more for doing side quests and exploring and anything but the main task. Regardless if it's Witcher's find and save Ciri, Skyrim's "Dude, you need to stop the dragon problem".
But if you would go for the urgent task directly (unless it directly tells you to get much stronger before doing so, but then it wouldn't be that urgent anyway) afterwards there would often be no real interest in going on and doing other things instead.
That would only work if the urgent "main-quest" was designed to be only the initial part.

It is a really big disconnect for me in most games where the rush issue is supposed to be personal, this is why I always download alternate start mods when possible (FO4, Skyrim.) In this game you even have other npcs telling you to hurry up. Coupling this with having no visual cues telling you when you "should" be tired makes it worse. As the player I know that doing everything else but the main quest will get me stronger, as my character I would not know this. Having us know sooner that the situation is less urgent would help I think, but a day/night cycle would still be useful for the visual indicator.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel

It does fit Lae'zel, but it would also fit Lae'zel to dump the party and go off on her own if you don't make tracks directly to what's-his-name, then to the githyanki patrol, then to the creche. The fact that she hangs around no matter how much time you waste exploring and questing is a problem much like the urgency one.

Agreed. If you never recruit her, she goes off on her own (journal told me she got killed looking for her people). However if we find out sooner that we don't need to rush so much, it would make a bit more sense for her to stay with us