Originally Posted by Innateagle

As for Wyll, sure. My point though is that there's too much going on for it to be the first act. That maybe we'll learn more later on is another can of worms. Right now, Wyll is the one i care the least about because we're given so much about him in such a short time that i couldn't assimilate any of it, so despite the concept of his character intriguing me the execution just made me go 'okay'.

Again, as an Origin it probably works pretty well, as a companion not so much.

I have the impression that the most interesting thing about him is Mizora. Most boring origin companion so far.

Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by Phea

It's worth to remember we don't know everything yet. They may sometimes lie or not tell us the whole truth. Or they may just not know everything about themselves. For example, I suspect Astarion isn't just a poor innocent vampire victim, and that he tells only this part of truth which makes the player feel sorry for him. It might be similar with Wyll. Maybe in the turning-point MC will discover that he is in fact a Hell's prince or something? Silly example, but I think you know what I mean. Act 1 is the exposition. We have to know origins' backstories to play with them later. It feels quite fresh to get these info in the first part of the game, because it means the writers has so interesting plans for their characters, they had to inform us about their past early.

I didn't really touch upon Astarion because from what i've seen i don't think he's got Gale and Wyll's issue (and becuase i haven't seen all that much tbh, since i never really got anything other than his most basic dialogues).

About Astarion's background
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...arions_background_retcon_or_extra_depth/