Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Yes, buuuut Solasta. But Solasta is doing it right wink

Sorry but combat is better now that the cantrips are back to core DnD. Sometimes people know what they want. Granted Solasta is just a dungeon crawl with fugly graphics but people are having lots of fun with combat.

Sorry but I've gotta' ask: Where is this "ugly graphics" thing coming from about Solasta? I have yet to play the game myself, but what I have seen of its graphics looks really good. Maybe not as good as BG3 or other AAA-budget games to be sure, but very good. Here's their latest dev update, which includes some in-game screenshots, which imo look gorgeous.

https://forums.solasta-game.com/forum/dev-update-25-new-content-sneak-peek

Some of the settings are nice but the close ups are terrible after playing bg3. Elves look like the hunchback on Notre Dame and sound like characters from Eastenders. The (super responsive devs) say that they are improving the closeups but they would do much better to scrap them and what PoE did and use hand drawn sketches.

You know what I've not seen in a video game for a long time? Woodcuts. Find an artist who does electronic wood portraits.

Edit: didn't realize Uncle Lester already answered smile

Ahaha, ninjad!

This is an interesting idea, actually; do you happen to have a link for (spoiler-free) PoE example?

Beautiful stylized drawn art could work really well, especially if they weave it into the UI and loading screens and the like. I'm not a fan of Inquisition, but its stylized tarot art was amazing. (I think it started with DA2, actually.) And I don't think it would be... prohibitively expensive?