Originally Posted by Sordak
Also note, TAKE NOTE; how it is always 3.5 fans.
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 werent 3.5, i know a lot of you somehow dont know htis because you assume 3.5 "is" dnd, but it isnt. [...]

Note that its 3.5 players that feel like DnD belongs to them.

Yes, BG1 and 2 were 2.0; we had no games based on 3.5 and it is unfortunate that there weren't any. Nowhere was it declared that DnD belongs to 3.5 players - it seems like you just have a chip on your shoulder.

and to adress your points, because 3.5 fans always act like this (and by this i mean 15 year old Atheists on the internet who constantly need to declare how high their IQ supposedly is)

So you feel that you need to resort to inaccurate namecalling? 15 year olds were probably introduced to DnD with 5e and so aren't going to be gearing for 3.5e; and I'm 38. The players I DM for are 39, 41, and 14. The 14 year old is the one without an opinion on editions. One of us may be an atheist, but I'm not sure that's true.

no, it is not about dicerolling and doing calculations. the calculations in 3.5 are not more complex than in 5e.
They are the same. They have the same. You might just get a few more boni here and there but in the end it is a number and you roll against that number, its not rocket science.
No it is unaccessible because it is full of BAD options, TERRIBLY explained rulings and confusing """choices""" that are not choices at all.
The system was deliberatley designed to be somehting you get "better" at, read: you can fail at Character optimization.
Thats a terrible choice for a video game where the DM isnt there to adjust the game to that.
This system would work for a Rogue Like, not for a 100 hour CRPG that you invest time in.
Its terrible for a lenghty game where a newcomer would realize he screwed himself 50 hours into the game. Now i dont have this issue. But holy shit have you actually read the steam reveiws on Pathfinder kingmaker?
Of course you need to know to pick blindfight halfway throughout the game on EVERY CHARACTER because otherwise the lategame is going to fist you.
Get real.

No, they aren't the same - the entire appeal of 5e is that it removes all these calculations - see above where an old player (my guess is of the original edition) talks about it removing the clutter. 3.5e was more complex - for example having individual skills you placed points in where the number of points were addressed by class, sometimes race, and intelligence modifier. There were way more classes with more abilities and long lists of feats that gave very specific advantages. There were alternate systems for spellcasting and character flaws that you could add in. Those who don't like it almost unilaterally cite the amount of paperwork involved and that it interferes in moving the story forward.