Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
First off Wyll's charisma is only 16, not 17 IIRC. How do you raise the Vendor attitude? If it's by donating the stuff to him that we originally wanted to sell to him then how would we get gold to purchase other items like healing potions, revivy scrolls, or weapons, and armor? As for charisma, I had a feeling that was one aspect when it came to a vendor and selling and buying I didn't know that there were others.

I did notice that when something was in the Vendors area and I've yet to select to purchase it and then when I move it into the area for purchase the price does change though and it is in fact different when it comes to charisma

I didn't create a new character just to do this test. My Will is level 4, so that's why he's 17 charisma. The point was that raising the vendor attitude from 0 to 100 gave the same discount (50% of the face value) off the vendor price, regardless of charisma. It was the same discount for a character with 10 charisma as it was for one with 17 charisma. Though the initial vendor price was higher for characters with lower charisma.

To raise the vendor's attitude toward a character, you have to have that character be the one to donate items to the vendor. It does not change the attitude toward the other characters. So there is no point in donating on any character other than the one with the highest charisma. Just donate enough to max out their attitude toward Will, and them make sure Will handles any trades with that vendor. Unless your player character has a higher charisma. Though right now warlocks are the only class in Early Access that uses charisma as their main attribute. Once they add bards, sorcerers, and paladins, there will be more options.

Also, if you just donated and want to check what the attitude changed to, you have to switch to a different character then switch back, for the examine screen to refresh. That's probably a bug.

The idea is that if you donate some items early on, you will reap the benefits over time, both buying and selling with that vendor. And since this is a vendor-by-vendor mechanic, you need to decide which vendors are worth donating to. Aaron's a good source for heath potions and revivify scrolls, but Damon's got some nice equipment that changes each "day." But Damon goes away after you clear the goblin camp, while Aaron sticks around to sell things to. Though I have a feeling Damon will show up again in Baldur's Gate.