Originally Posted by zyr1987
Originally Posted by Khultak
Originally Posted by Alodar
Rest less often?
Nothing in the game requires you to take long rests.

I long rest as little as possible even when my main is a mage. (My first long rest is usually at the Druid Grove after I've defeated the Bugbear assassin and the Harpies.

It's your choice.

If you want your Warlock to shine a little brighter only take long rests after every 5 or 6 encounters.

And that is a BS argument, you are essentially saying gimp your other characters to make your warlock seem balanced. That isn't a meaningful choice in terms of gameplay, that is a meta choice on whether or not you want to play with a self imposed handicap. Yeah, you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd no matter how shiny you make it or how much you wish it were something else.

To be fair, even 5e seems to have the problem of the "15 minute adventuring day" so truer to the rules wouldn't necessarily solve all the problems with the warlock

And D&D is said to be balanced around 6 to 8 encounters a day, according to the Dungeon Master's Guide, so is it really "gimping" if you're playing rules as intended?

Actually true to the rules would mean characters couldn't benefit from a long rest more than 1x/24 hours. Most tables I've played at use a 3/1 or 4/1 short to long rest rule unless there is a long downtime like overland travel, etc...