Print Thread
F
Fogu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
[NO HEAVY SPOILERS PLEASE]

So I finally found the time to start Baldur's Gate 3 and ever since EA I have always had my eyes on Halsin. But seeing the guides and write-ups online, it seems that his storyline, especially concerning romance, isn't as fleshed out as the other companions. May you help me and clarify the following concerns I have?

1. How fleshed out is Halsin's romance with Tav?
2. I read somewhere that once Halsin decides to go back to his community (before the 6 month timeskip), you won't get to have an option to join him. Was this fixed?
3. How do I [b]NOT[/b] get locked out of his romance? Do I just keep on rejecting the other companions up until he joins my team in Act 2?
4. Are there enough interactions between Tav and Halsin for me to actually get attached to him?

Worst comes to worst, I'll just choose Gale haha (he's loveable and cute anyway). I have limited time on my hands and I don't wanna end up with a lackluster ending.

Anyway, thanks for reading my post. I really hope I can get some help. Thanks a bunch!

You can read the information here or on other sites.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
1. The romance doesn't start until act 3, with other companions it starts in act 1 so it's obvious that there will be a lot less interaction.
2. It has been fixed. You can join it right away.
3. If you want a solo/monogamous romance, you have to reject other companions and wait for the beginning of Act 3 for Halsin to make the first move.
4. There is a lot of interaction from the second act onwards, but there are few purely romance ones. There is some flirtation between the words. However, it can even be mistaken for simply being nice and flirtatious. There is little content in the romance itself, one romantic scene and then another in the epilogue.
It's easy to get attached to him, but it's just as easy to get attached to him in the friendship path, because Halsin is generally a squeaky character. No heavy spoilers - if you want to end the game as a character free of strong commitments and tethers in one place, let go of the romance with Halsin.

F
Fogu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
[quote=Tauriel]1. The romance doesn't start until act 3, with other companions it starts in act 1 so it's obvious that there will be a lot less interaction.
2. It has been fixed. You can join it right away.
3. If you want a solo/monogamous romance, you have to reject other companions and wait for the beginning of Act 3 for Halsin to make the first move.
4. There is a lot of interaction from the second act onwards, but there are few purely romance ones. There is some flirtation between the words. However, it can even be mistaken for simply being nice and flirtatious. There is little content in the romance itself, one romantic scene and then another in the epilogue.
It's easy to get attached to him, but it's just as easy to get attached to him in the friendship path, because Halsin is generally a squeaky character. No heavy spoilers - if you want to end the game as a character free of strong commitments and tethers in one place, let go of the romance with Halsin.[/quote]

Wow, thank you so much!! This is a huge huge help. If you don't mind, may you spoil me with the last part? I kind of wanna see what I'll be sacrificing if I'm choosing him. Thanks again <33

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I've already started a thread complaining about this ending, but I'll write you briefly. Finally, Halsin decides to start an orphanage for the children of Baldurs Gate. He sets out with these children to the lands previously affected by the shadow curse and there he devotes himself to this task. The game does not allow for any other ending to the romance with him. Either you go to that orphanage or you end the affair, or you can probably visit him there, but then you're not a couple anymore, sort of.So if your Tav is the type of adventurer who doesn't want to get stuck and doesn't see herself as a babysitter, then it's better to let go of the romance, because Halsin, unlike the other companions, only has this one end option.

Link Copied to Clipboard