Originally Posted by daMichi
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
Originally Posted by daMichi
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
With astarion it’s very obvious that larian try’s hard to make some interesting characters. But it shows also that they are no passionate DnD fans.

Compare astarion with hexat the vampire rogue from bg2 (Charakter designed by beamdog). Vampire rogue but has to wear a magic cloak in daylight and totally sucks during day (stats and skills). But when the sun goes down.... holy shit.

That’s how it should be made.

hehe, without a day/night cycle you can't have that wink Good thing the Tadpole allows our Vampire-Spawn to run around in sunlight!

Hmmm I thought the missing of day and night is part of agenda? Game must be more simple and streamlined. That’s the whole single point behind using 5e edition!

That has nothing to do with DnD 5e. Although some people may believe that 5e simplified everything, there still exist Day/Night on Toril/in the Forgotten Realms wink

That there is no day/night cycle is simply because they are using their own Divinity engine, which does not have weather effects or day/night cycle included. Don't blame DnD 5e, blame the graphic engine. Or the lack of willingness of Larian (or because it would cost too much, and Larian does not see enough benefit).

Because it's really not that important, you're giving it too much weight.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty