Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
No need to argue anymore, whatever you want to call BG3 <DOS3> BG2 is still the king, and thank boo for that. It destroys BG3 in terms of atmosphere, content, music, npcs, dialogue, art style, UI, gameplay et etc...

Very poor decision by Larian to utilize the name BG3 , its so far off what it once was. But no one except fans of the first games seems to care so...who cares anymore what you call your games. 100% bate marketing. Oh and no worry, well just add Minsc for the fans and everyone will be happy...yea. thanks.
Sorry, but no.

I find that BG3 blows BG2 out of the water in all areas you described except content (or will, with tweaking and more content, since we are in early access), thus far. But, hey you're welcome to your own opinion.

(Seriously, I loathed the BG1 and 2 interfaces. They were just awful for me, and the characterization felt flat as a pancake a lot of the time, but again, just my opinion)

Also, why isn't this in the BG3, DOS, and the D&D ruleset thread? I thought that's where all the discussion about whether BG3 is BG3 or DoS 3 was supposed to be contained. (and why isn't that in the megathreads?)

As a side note, when you say " But no one except fans of the first games seems to care so..." does that count those who consider themselves fans of BG 1 and 2, and see this as a worthy successor? I've seen at least a few of those floating around here.

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"