Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I feel like the most solid defence anyone has come up with for the current movement system is that it's salvageable or they offer suggestions for improvement. Which is not great considering they've used this system for two other games at this point. I don't think I've seen anyone really give a reason that this system is actually better than the typical system used for cRPGs in any meaningful capacity. This really does seem to be the one point where everyone more or less agrees-the big divide is people who think it's totally intolerable and people who say that it just needs tweaking to some extent.
Yeah, I've been saying this for a while: there are basically no fans of this system.
Even in the best case scenarios, there's a (incredibly narrow) minority of people who seem to think it could stop being completely shit IF given a few meaningful changes.
Not exactly the warmest and most flattering endorsement.

And that's ignoring how often these rare "defenders" seem to be among the people who simply has poor familiarity with the genre and the better alternatives out there.

No? I've played a lot of games of this genre. I first saw this system in DOS2, and it was really unusual and uncomfortable for me after other games. BUT after DOS2, it seems quite normal for me. Now it does not make me angry, I know how to use this system, I just think that it needs to be supplemented. I don't consider it something deadly terrible for the game. It can be better ofc BUT...

...DOS2 still one of my favorite games, even it have this system.

Also, other games had an active tactical pause system, and DOS2 had a different system, also very unusual. After DOS, I don't like active tactical pause system. Right now it's too fast for me and looks like a slideshow. So it's not about how much experience you have in the genre. Maybe it's about how well you adapt.

Last edited by Nyloth; 18/01/21 04:06 PM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty