Originally Posted by Anfindel
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
If you really want some changes in the game, particularly regarding the ways D&D5 rules are (not respectfully) implemented (action system, scrolls usable by any class...), the OP cartoon jumps, the OP height advantage, the overabundant stuff etc...
I think the best way to be listened to is to add a negative review on Steam.
Because if you do not do so, well, know that some money people around Larian seem persuaded so far that these rules breaker are fun, and that an hybrid system between DOS & BG means more money. And if our insatisfaction is not reflected in the official reviews, it will not be taken into account, or it might be, but on the surface only.
I did not dare to add a negative review at first. I even did a positive one.
But then I realized it was the only way, and that I can change later the review if I felt listened to.
Because, as for now, I feel a little betrayed when I remember that to sell us the game, it was said by Larian that they would do their best to implement D&D 5 rules, and we should expect to find here almost all the Player's Handbook manual (there are only parts of it, since it is EA, of course, BUT those parts are often completely disrespectful). Other problems have been stressed again and again on the forums.
So please add your negative reviews on Steam, do not hold back, it will not hurt (or only some egos) : when positive changes will come, it will be the right time to modify the review for the best.

You did not simply buy a game. You bought a game that was clearly in early access - meaning not a final version.
The only betrayal here is the one you brought on yourself. You determined how you wanted the game to look when finished, and are upset that the unfinished product does not meet your expectations.

That's not betrayal.

Larian chose to make a game BASED on events in the Forgotten Realms and BASED on 5e. They get to determine how they choose to implement the rules and how much they choose to vary from them.
YOU get to choose whether you wish to purchase and play that game.
YOU get to choose whether you wish to purchase and play that game in its final form, or in early access.
YOU even get to choose whether you wish to comment on your preferences and changes you would like them to consider.
You do NOT get to blame them if you feel you made a bad choice.

Ok, thank you for your input.
You see, buddy, I know about the "EA" thing versus final version. You are wasting your time about that.
So actually and objectively, so far, as I said, it is a betrayal.
And a lie.
The thing which is sold is sold on the RECORDED DECLARATION :
* it will be as close as possible to D&D5 (lie : many rules implemented are strongly different, and they could be respected instead, so it would be possible) + they say it is fun to do so
* we aim at implementing all the content of the PH (the parts implemented are for many of them not respectful)
So read it again, I think you will get it.

(By the way, your rhetoric would still be applicable if Larian would have put Mario Bros system in EA : "It is EA, not the final version ! It is Mario Bros in the Forgotten Realms and there are some D&D5 rules in it. The Mario Bros system is more fun than the core D&D5 rules. You determined how you wanted the game to look when finished, and are upset that the unfinished product does not meet your expectations.")

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 01/02/21 08:37 AM.