Originally Posted by Dexai
Also it hurts me to call the "favoured enemy" options "subclass". They're not subclasses, they're class features in same vein as fighting styles. Pardon me if I'm being too nitpicky, but let's try to keep the nomenclature clears.

Ah, from the PH it read:

Favored Enemy

Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy.

Choose a type of favored enemy: aberrations, beasts, celestials, constructs, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, giants, monstrosities, oozes, plants, or undead. Alternatively, you can select two races of humanoid (such as gnolls and orcs) as favored enemies.

You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.

When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.

You choose one additional favored enemy, as well as an associated language, at 6th and 14th level. As you gain levels, your choices should reflect the types of monsters you have encountered on your adventures.

Wasn't sure what to call it in-game since it look thisaway when looking at one of the guides (gameplay tips) referring to subclass perks rather than favored enemy...

The important SubClass Perk to get as a ranger is the Ranger Knight Perk. however the Terrain Perk can be yours to play around with, I happen to be caught on fire alot!

Although it absolutely says 'favored enemy' before the clicky-box to choose between Ranger Knight, Mage Breaker, ect in the game:

In-Game:

Confused me a lil'...

~War~

Last edited by Warspawn; 07/02/21 02:50 PM.