I hope patch 4 addresses the most blatant non-D&D issues. I can say, like Niara, that I would not have jumped in feet first, at full cost, if I had an inkling that so much of DOS would bleed over, and if I had paid attention to comments like those highlighted by the OP. I had put these issues down to the early phase of EA, but now I'm not so sure. I also joined this EA after first joining the Solasta EA and thoroughly enjoying that, bugs and all.

I thought this must surely be even better - it's BG (!), they have a large budget, it looks awesome and WotC endorses it etc. I would still have bought the game eventally, even if it was not a faithful rendition of 5E, but when it was considerably cheaper. Did the same with Sword Coast Legends - very weakly 5E, and not TB - and I had fun. But I had low expectations for that game - that is most definitely not the case for BG3. I think if Larian ignores the people who want a more authentic 5E table-top experience they will generate a lot of bad will for future D&D releases (assuming they care about that). I enjoyed DOS1/2 - but those felt very different from D&D, and I don't want to play something that borrows heavily from those games when I'm playing a 5E game.