Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Fun fact, I check one game news site today where there was news about patch 4. And comments was "how cool! wow!" and everything like that.
Breaking news: people with superficial understanding, limited knowledge and no direct experience of what's going on an Early Access/closed beta are easily impressed by vague reporting about the novelties.

What did you expect, a bunch of random observer that didn't spend a single minute in EA having strong opinions about gameplay mechanics, UI or controls?

Seems like game journalists are just as good at ignoring these forums as Larian is.

Game journalists are no better/different to any other kind of journalist. They want to make the story rather than report fact. Not always the case but often enough to have an impact. Case in point for me was the Steelseries ArctisPro Wireless gaming headset. Hyped to the nines but very average performance. Problem is most gamers (sadly) are probably not hardcore/longterm serious players with years and a lot of money/time invested. A lot of gamers will jump on the next best thing then move on. We are different, we invest. I think BG3 will be stunning and a high point in RPG history but it can never please everyone.